I am 33, with a degree in psychology. My experience, however, isn't limited to what I learned in school. I have been independently studying psychology & dreams since I was 13.

Though I AM NOT CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PSYCHOLOGIST, I wanted to do this blog because I believe that I have life experience that people can relate to and thought maybe it could help. So, please feel free to share your stories because secrets give our problems power
.








I've had several people come to me lately with questions about God. The doubt that seems to be plaguing people during these hard times is causing a lot of grief. People often feel bad for questioning the existence of God. I think this is unnecessary.

Quite the contrary, I think that God would want us to question. Then, if we come to believe, it is an informed decision. If you can answer the questions you have for yourself, I believe your faith will be more solid than if you follow blindly, things that others have told you to believe. To me, it's no different than if someone gives you all the answers to a math test. You might get the test right, but you still don't know math.

To start you, or to help you continue, on your journey, I'll tell you something that helps me. Just as I try to put myself in other people's shoes, I also try and put myself in God's shoes. For instance, regarding the question of proof; if I were a God, I could show myself to others and prove to everyone that I exist. Once I removed doubt, people would believe, follow me, do what I asked, worship me. I think it would be much like if we, as human beings, could force people to love us. It might sound wonderful, but wouldn't it take away from the value of love if we never knew if the person truly loved us? What's the point of love if it's not real? Just something to think about?

Please feel free to share your feeling son the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment