I am 33, with a degree in psychology. My experience, however, isn't limited to what I learned in school. I have been independently studying psychology & dreams since I was 13.

Though I AM NOT CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PSYCHOLOGIST, I wanted to do this blog because I believe that I have life experience that people can relate to and thought maybe it could help. So, please feel free to share your stories because secrets give our problems power
.








In theory, it's great to say "When you're knocked you off the horse, you gotta get right back up". In reality, sometimes it's not that easy. Sometimes, we have the will and the desire to get back up; but as soon as we stand, we're dealt another blow. Blow upon blow, and you start spending more time on the ground, wondering whether it's worth getting up at all.

Most of us have been or will find ourselves in that very place at least once in our lives. So the story I'm about to tell you isn't unique. However, our own experiences should make us sympathize and want to give the help that we wished we'd received at our time of need.

My sister has a friend who is without a furnace for a fast approaching winter in Missouri. I know that in this economy this may not be a story that you haven't heard many times over.

In this particular case, this woman has been through the ringer as of late. She lost her father followed by her husband and then had to have major surgery last year. To some, losing a furnace isn't a big deal on the scale of what this woman has been through, but it's just another blow. Of course, we can't bring back her loved ones or heal her pain, but a new furnace is something WE can do.

My sister has set up a site, here, and I have a widget below where you can give. It doesn't have to be much $5 $10 if that's what you have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment