I am 33, with a degree in psychology. My experience, however, isn't limited to what I learned in school. I have been independently studying psychology & dreams since I was 13.

Though I AM NOT CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PSYCHOLOGIST, I wanted to do this blog because I believe that I have life experience that people can relate to and thought maybe it could help. So, please feel free to share your stories because secrets give our problems power
.








I just saw the movie, Fling with Brandon Routh and I think it proves why open relationships aren't ideal. While it's possible for people to convince themselves that it makes sense and maybe, on a primal level it does, because of the way our society is and who we've evolved to be, it is not what we truly yearn for. Yes, sexually, again this is on a primal level, we can be attracted to many people and may want to mate with several people. However, if that's your goal, then don't get in a relationship at all.

No matter what a person tells you, they do not want to share. It actually has less to do with you as it does our own self-esteem because no one wants their spouse to be okay with sharing you. Deep down, we all yearn most deeply to be loved and cherished. If your partner is willing to let someone have a piece of you, even if it is only for a short time, that says to you that you are not cherished.

And, again, we can convince ourselves it's okay because you're both doing it and it's a more realistic approach to relationships, or whatever you tell yourself. The fact of the matter is, we can convince ourselves of anything, especially when we have a partner in crime, telling you it's a good thing. It's when you get away from that partner and you see monogamous relationships and how others live that you'll have the pang in your heart telling you, you want more and that you deserve more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment