I am 33, with a degree in psychology. My experience, however, isn't limited to what I learned in school. I have been independently studying psychology & dreams since I was 13.

Though I AM NOT CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PSYCHOLOGIST, I wanted to do this blog because I believe that I have life experience that people can relate to and thought maybe it could help. So, please feel free to share your stories because secrets give our problems power
.








On a recent episode of Obsessed about a woman who is "obsessed" with the abuse of dogs. It made me think of my own experience with dogs. Personally, I have had a fear of dogs since I was a young child. This fear has resulted in years of tormenting nightmares of dogs chasing and biting me.

For a long time, I didn't know what was at the root of this fear and then I realized it had to have been this old lady who always sent her dog after me when I walked in front of her house. I can just remember trying to get to my friends house down the street and this woman letting her big black dog out and him charging toward me. Mind you, I was only like 8 or 9 at the time and she did this on purpose.

My parents confronted her on this often, but she never stopped. I don't know if she was just a scared old lady or if she had malicious intent, but this woman's actions severely affected my life. I still cannot just walk a neighborhood street for fear that a dog may be on the loose. I have broken down in front of friends and boyfriends, to my embarrassment, whenever a dog comes around. It's kept me from going to homes where I know there is a dog. So, it's been a hindrance, to say the least.

I know it's something I need to face and get over, but add it to the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment