I am 33, with a degree in psychology. My experience, however, isn't limited to what I learned in school. I have been independently studying psychology & dreams since I was 13.

Though I AM NOT CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PSYCHOLOGIST, I wanted to do this blog because I believe that I have life experience that people can relate to and thought maybe it could help. So, please feel free to share your stories because secrets give our problems power
.








I recently posted on the dispute between my sister and I. Now, you may ask yourself, shouldn't someone with a psychology degree be able to work things out between people? Well, let's get something straight, I am a firm believer in ridding yourself of toxic people in your life. For many years, I have felt like my sister is such a person. However, I also feel that family is very important and not to be taken for granted.

Unfortunately, my family has really fallen apart since my father passed. It's a very sad thing. I never would have imagined that things would have turned out like this. There was a time when we were all very close, closer than most; and now, we're all at odds.

I have, however, "made up", if you will, with my sister. I stayed true to my goal and I did not apologize. It just so happened that we ended up in the same place at the same time and we just didn't mention it. The relationship is still strained, and I know that there will come a time when my sister will bring it up again; but I've got more important things going on in my life than worrying about some ridiculous battle between my sister and I. Life's too short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment