I am 33, with a degree in psychology. My experience, however, isn't limited to what I learned in school. I have been independently studying psychology & dreams since I was 13.

Though I AM NOT CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PSYCHOLOGIST, I wanted to do this blog because I believe that I have life experience that people can relate to and thought maybe it could help. So, please feel free to share your stories because secrets give our problems power
.








In all areas of psychology, Dream Analysis is probably where I feel most confident. Recently I was asked to analyze a dream regarding nudity in public. This is a common theme, but doesn't have to mean the same thing for everyone. It's funny really because often we're told that if we get nervous in public speaking to imagine others naked, but even the thought of the opposite scenario it makes us more nervous. I think the answer might be for us all to keep our clothes on.

The dream:

My grandparents would drop me off at this really cute old stone school. I would go in with a pink tutu, all happy to be wearing it. Then I would step through the door after my grandparents left and I would be naked! Embarrassed, I would be in constant search for it. At the end of the day I would go outside to get in the car, and I would be in my tutu again!

What could this potentially mean if a child has a reoccurring dream like this? Especially a child who never even took ballet. Is this common?
My analysis:

It sounds like you feel safe and secure with your grandparents and that you're not so comfortable "in your own skin" when in public. It doesn't necessarily mean in school, but it could just be in public or away from your comfort zone, which is represented by your grandparents.

The fact that you're wearing a tutu could just represent a special childlike or princess feeling when you're within your safe zone. I would think it means you don't have that feeling otherwise.

I think this is very common. Usually a dream reoccurs to stress to you that it is important, but in this case I think you might just have this feeling often enough that maybe it's telling you that you need to work on feeling more comfortable with who you are all the time and not just when you're with your family.

This can be especially common if you're facing adulthood because leaving the safety of what you've always known, family and school, it can be very scary. Don't worry though, it all works out.


***So how'd I do? Just so you know I did get permission to use the dream in my post. So don't worry. Everything you guys write to me is not automatically shared with the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment