I am 33, with a degree in psychology. My experience, however, isn't limited to what I learned in school. I have been independently studying psychology & dreams since I was 13.

Though I AM NOT CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PSYCHOLOGIST, I wanted to do this blog because I believe that I have life experience that people can relate to and thought maybe it could help. So, please feel free to share your stories because secrets give our problems power
.








One thing my sister did bring to my attention, something I think about, but haven't dwelled on, is the affect my OCD's having on my husband. Of course, I've been in a constant state of worry about the affect on my son because I don't want him to have this. I haven't, however, thought too much about the affect on my husband because so much of what I do is personal and hidden (to the best of my ability).

I know, as of late, I've been putting more of my issues on him. I ask him to wash his hands, etc. Beyond that, I didn't know what I might be doing to him emotionally. So, I asked and he brought up a lot of things I didn't even think about. Such as, the extra responsibilities I put on him with our son. For instance, after I do my rituals to eat, I cannot touch my son's food and I cannot get up from my spot unless I want to repeat the rituals. Thus, my husband has to feed our son.

I also get up several times in the night to do my rituals which leads to him waking several times a night. In fact, he's taken care of our son at night as well because if I were to have taken care of our son, it would cause me to go without sleep. To have to tend to our son and do the rituals, it would be too much.

It's no good and so I've got to try to do something about this. I don't want to hurt my loved ones anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment