I am 33, with a degree in psychology. My experience, however, isn't limited to what I learned in school. I have been independently studying psychology & dreams since I was 13.

Though I AM NOT CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PSYCHOLOGIST, I wanted to do this blog because I believe that I have life experience that people can relate to and thought maybe it could help. So, please feel free to share your stories because secrets give our problems power
.








Last night I had a dream with a re-occurring situation. It's a little embarrassing, but it always involves going to a public restroom and either the door's broken or the stall doors are too short. Somethings always wrong.

Equally embarrassing, up until now, I had no idea what it meant. Then, this morning, I'm describing it to my husband and it just came out, "it's just not comfortable". That's it! For years, I've wondered and it's as simple as that.

This is why it is so important to say your dreams out loud. It was hearing myself say the phrase aloud that caused it's meaning to click in my mind.

It's about my OCD. So many of my rituals ("compulsions") take place in the bathroom. It's a place I dread to go and a place that I feel a great sense of discomfort in.

Now, if you look it up in a dream dictionary it will say something completely generic but it's all about what things/places mean to you. You can't go by generalities when it comes to true analysis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment