I am 33, with a degree in psychology. My experience, however, isn't limited to what I learned in school. I have been independently studying psychology & dreams since I was 13.

Though I AM NOT CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PSYCHOLOGIST, I wanted to do this blog because I believe that I have life experience that people can relate to and thought maybe it could help. So, please feel free to share your stories because secrets give our problems power
.








My husband and my 10 year anniversary was last week, followed by his B-day, for which I threw a party. So, I've been super busy and haven't been to the gym in a week. I am down on myself about it even though it was unavoidable given the time restraints.

What was avoidable, though I wasn't successful, was the decadent dessert on our anniversary and the sweets and pop at the party. I did stay away from the birthday cake, but it wasn't hard considering I don't have the same tastes as my husband. For one, he doesn't like chocolate very much. I don't think I knew this about him when we married. It might have skewed my view of him if I had.

It's hard to want to get back to the gym now, but I know I'll have to force myself tomorrow. If nothing else, we paid for memberships and I'm too frugal to throw money away like that. I know I'm not alone in this struggle and there's some comfort in that.

I'd gladly welcome some encouragement. Lord knows, I need it.

2 Comments:

  1. Angie said...
    I'm just curious, do both you and your husband have a gym membership? My husband and I decided to finally get with it and go consistently together. We go first thing in the morning, 5 days a week. If you want some encouragement, here goes: I have walked, or gone to a gym for years, yet the older I get, (I'll be 54 next week), it gets harder and harder for me to keep my weight down. Since I exercise consistently, I guess my next step would be to cut my calories in half. I've read that when you get to my age, you don't need many calories. So I would encourage you to keep at the gym thing now, because weight has a way of creeping on you little by little. It's much easier to keep it off than try to lose it. I like your blog, by the way. I am a senior at UNLV studying psychology. What did you end up doing? Angie
    Suzie Q said...
    We did both get memberships and we go together an average of 3 times a week.

    I did end up going that day though I was considering skipping this weekend; but your encouragement has made me think otherwise. Thank you for that.

    You know you also encouraged me in another way as well. To hear that you're in college is inspiring because I've been thinking about it myself, but wondered if I would feel out of place.

Post a Comment