I am 33, with a degree in psychology. My experience, however, isn't limited to what I learned in school. I have been independently studying psychology & dreams since I was 13.

Though I AM NOT CURRENTLY A PRACTICING PSYCHOLOGIST, I wanted to do this blog because I believe that I have life experience that people can relate to and thought maybe it could help. So, please feel free to share your stories because secrets give our problems power
.








Lately, a lot of people from my past have been coming out of the woodwork. You'd think I'd won some money, but since that's not the case, I'm thinking this must be an age where people start wondering what if...

For instance, I recently saw pictures of a friend I grew up with and she was with another friend of mine. The pictures spanned years. The two are apparently still great friends. I can't help, but wonder if I would have been a part of this great sisterhood had I stayed in one place.

My family, however, moved when I was in middle school and then again after I graduated high school. This made it hard to keep any long-term friendships. Well, that and the fact that most of my real friendships were with guys and once they got married, the friendships took a back seat. That's the chance I took being friends with guys; but my history with girls is a rocky one, to say the least. This leads me to believe I probably wouldn't have had this sisterhood that I wonder about, but may explain why I would want it.

Now, any friends I've reunited with are spread throughout the country. There's a sadness in knowing what we had is gone. People who I used to confide in and once believed would be in my life forever are distanced with time and space. What there is now can never really be anything more due to the fact that we are all so far apart.

Making friends after high school was tough and being married made it even tougher. Any friends my husband and I have now are couples. Finding a couple that we both like is hardest of all. Sometimes, the effort feels like it's more than it's worth, but I do believe it's important to have someone outside your family just to keep you sane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment